“Duffy” from Wicked Tuna

Yea I don’t know who would put up with azz Tyler?? I would of throne that jack azz over board from his own boat!! Sorry to learn the show before last he passed of unknown causes as of last week

• Like 1

too bad he had a whole  life   in front of him ,      I hope you guys realize that the whole show is scripted  they film  for 4 or 5 weeks   and then do nothing but cut and paste.    Duffy and Tyler were a pair that would beat a full house.  I have fished  out there along side of them   many many times 

• Like 1

Yea I don’t know who would put up with azz Tyler?? I would of throne that jack azz over board from his own boat!! Sorry to learn the show before last he passed of unknown causes as of last week

You swallowed the bait. It’s a scripted reality show.

I think everyone knows its scripted....but what other reality show has guys fishing in nice boats landing big fish? I suppose we could watch the bachelor...... 

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I watch it as well. My point was he “took the bait” when it comes to saying Tyler is a crappy captain... he was calling him a “jackazz” and said he would have “throne”(assumed he meant thrown) him off of his own boat.

12 hours ago, Bgk88 said:

I watch it as well. My point was he “took the bait” when it comes to saying Tyler is a crappy captain... he was calling him a “jackazz” and said he would have “throne”(assumed he meant thrown) him off of his own boat.

Run your mouth there Mr.1 post!! Did you ever hear of auto correct, not the best way to show your first couple of posts. Then you wonder why nobody posts anything anymore, it’s because of you ignorant pricks like you who run their mouth before their brain is in gear!! I don’t give a shyt if they do bar me. It’s just $20.00 they’ll loose. To let you free bees run your chops. This younger gen. Is really something. I sure hope I’m dead before you knuckle heads take control of this country, you just can’t jump on you phone call out someone and hide behind your IPhone8. Real world don’t work that way Mr Bgk88!!!  I’m out!! I don’t need this aggravation first thing in the morning!!

• Like 3

i think it might pay to get a little perspective here. First of all the original post was calling attention to a young kids as yet unexplained death. As with nearly any TV program the Wicked Tuna show  has scripted parts and when paying close attention you can often see and hear the folks reading from cue cards. Does that mean the show isnt any good or that it is "phony" in its entirety? No. After talking with Dave Marciano personally I realized that there is very little difference in his personality in real life than that projected in the show. He is a very knowledgeable, experienced  fisherman who looks at his involvement in the show as a something to augment his main income as a fisherman. Is he or the others polished professional actors? No.  Does the scripting affect the credibility of those fishermen appearing on the show? I don't think so. Contrast the show with some of the other reality shows like the Kardashian crap and it becomes clear that there is at least some social redeeming value to it. I'm always looking for the details on how they rig their baits and equipment and little "nuances" in what they are doing regarding fishing and ignore the drama stuff  which may appear interesting to folks only generally interested in fishing itself. The character Tyler McLaughlin presented on the show could be perceived a s a real pain but if you notice the kid catches some pretty big tuna...not an accident..... he knows how to fish....Is he 'likeable"? I'll leave that up to the viewer. No sense getting into a war over this stuff....:smile: just a TV program.....

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sk8man said:

i think it might pay to get a little perspective here. First of all the original post was calling attention to a young kids as yet unexplained death. As with nearly any TV program the Wicked Tuna show  has scripted parts and when paying close attention you can often see and hear the folks reading from cue cards. Does that mean the show isnt any good or that it is "phony" in its entirety? No. After talking with Dave Marciano personally I realized that there is very little difference in his personality in real life than that projected in the show. He is a very knowledgeable, experienced  fisherman who looks at his involvement in the show as a something to augment his main income as a fisherman. Is he or the others polished professional actors? No.  Does the scripting affect the credibility of those fishermen appearing on the show? I don't think so. Contrast the show with some of the other reality shows like the Kardashian crap and it becomes clear that there is at least some social redeeming value to it. I'm always looking for the details on how they rig their baits and equipment and little "nuances" in what they are doing regarding fishing and ignore the drama stuff  which may appear interesting to folks only generally interested in fishing itself. The character Tyler McLaughlin presented on the show could be perceived a s a real pain but if you notice the kid catches some pretty big tuna...not an accident..... he knows how to fish....Is he 'likeable"? I'll leave that up to the viewer. No sense getting into a war over this stuff....:smile: just a TV program.....

Les:

Good post!

Notice that you had no auto correct problem  in regards to grammar & word meaning! Also, there is  no need to demean a non PROI Member ever!

best wishes

John

Exactly, the persona Tyler and the others play doesn’t necessarily reflect who they are in real life. It’s definitely dramatized.

i think it might pay to get a little perspective here. First of all the original post was calling attention to a young kids as yet unexplained death. As with nearly any TV program the Wicked Tuna show  has scripted parts and when paying close attention you can often see and hear the folks reading from cue cards. Does that mean the show isnt any good or that it is "phony" in its entirety? No. After talking with Dave Marciano personally I realized that there is very little difference in his personality in real life than that projected in the show. He is a very knowledgeable, experienced  fisherman who looks at his involvement in the show as a something to augment his main income as a fisherman. Is he or the others polished professional actors? No.  Does the scripting affect the credibility of those fishermen appearing on the show? I don't think so. Contrast the show with some of the other reality shows like the Kardashian crap and it becomes clear that there is at least some social redeeming value to it. I'm always looking for the details on how they rig their baits and equipment and little "nuances" in what they are doing regarding fishing and ignore the drama stuff  which may appear interesting to folks only generally interested in fishing itself. The character Tyler McLaughlin presented on the show could be perceived a s a real pain but if you notice the kid catches some pretty big tuna...not an accident..... he knows how to fish....Is he 'likeable"? I'll leave that up to the viewer. No sense getting into a war over this stuff....[emoji2] just a TV program.....
Excellent Sk8!
I personally think Tyler is very likeable and the team he and Duffy were was a very rare bond you don't see much.
I'll miss Duffy for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went to the Sox game Friday, and decided to shoot up to Gloucester on Saturday morning to see the memorial and buy some seafood. We stopped at a spot with a sign for Lobster for sale, and then noticed it was the "Home of Hard Merchandise". We went out back to see the Falcon and Hard Merchandise boats, and Dave Marciano and his son Joe showed up. We spoke with him briefly, and took a couple pix. He is a nice guy. We didn't bother him for more than a minute or 2. Maybe the show has some scripted parts. I watch it a bit. Not every episode. Better than a lot of other stuff on, that's for sure. The fact is that a likeable 28 year old kid died. That is sad. No reason to get on soap boxes or bash other members, pro member or not. Makes you think about what is really important. Enjoy every day out there...20180728_101436.jpg20180728_101426.jpg20180728_101059.jpg20180728_100007.jpg20180728_092627.jpg20180728_092923.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

I watch it every episode and look forward to it. Would love to fish with any of those guys. And as to being “scripted, cut and paste”
Half as bad as the news were fed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Can you imagine how boring it would be without it being scripted? I enjoy the show and take it for what it is. It is both fishing for big bluefin tuna and entertainment. That is something most of us will ever do to start. Tyler and Duffy had their act together when it mattered most and caught a lot of fish together. RIP Duffy.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:53 AM, pap said:

Run your mouth there Mr.1 post!! Did you ever hear of auto correct, not the best way to show your first couple of posts. Then you wonder why nobody posts anything anymore, it’s because of you ignorant pricks like you who run their mouth before their brain is in gear!! I don’t give a shyt if they do bar me. It’s just $20.00 they’ll loose. To let you free bees run your chops. This younger gen. Is really something. I sure hope I’m dead before you knuckle heads take control of this country, you just can’t jump on you phone call out someone and hide behind your IPhone8. Real world don’t work that way Mr Bgk88!!!  I’m out!! I don’t need this aggravation first thing in the morning!!

What a deva

• Like 1