Mast/ dual board?

I bought a boat with a mast/dual board set up and will be using this setup for the first time. I read somewhere that you should wax the planer line in order to get the the clips to slide out easily? Is this necessary, the line is the green stuff that comes on the Cannon single mast reel, if it is a good idea what kind of wax is used?

I have'nt heard of waxing the planer line before but I would think wax would stick to the release and make it harder to send out...I could be completely wrong and missing out on a great idea but i'll keep my tow lines un-waxed...

I've never used any lubricant to a planer line and usually dont have any issues unless the wind is blowing hard up the angle of the tow-line as it push's the line and release back up...

Some people use heavy braided line and the releases slide fast and easy if I remember correctly...

you shouldnt have a problem. If either the lure weight is too light to allow it to slide down easy or the clips blow up the line there a few fixes: I)some boards have adjustments so you can adjust how they run. a board that runs farther back than farther out to the side will allow the clips to slide easier. II) the higher up a mast is the better the clips will slids (gravity) III) if your clips are having trouble sliding or blowing back up you can always pinch a few 1/4oz split shots on the metal part of the release between the clip and the hook that goes on the planer board line.

fellas all this talk about big girls kinda got me a little excited got any pics if they ant 300lb plus they ant big in my book.now what was the question oh yea wax ive been running plainers for 9 years and the only wax on my boat is bikini wax to keep my panty line hairless i think someone is pulling your leg or something.

For what it's worth I got talking to a guy at the bow shop this am and he say's he uses bow string wax on his planer line ( of course he's probably just trying to move more product,right Ray?)

• 2 weeks later...

There was aguy in Oswego a few years back that used bow string wax on his planer line. He was using weed wacker cord for the planer line though. If we cant get a release out the line, i usually pull it in by hand a little and then let go. Allows the line to fall in the water pulling the releases out as it come out of the water.

• 1 month later...