HELP. My car smells like fish

My wife opened my car door, smelled it, closed the door and told me to get rid of the stink. It really does smell fishy.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of that smell? It's much too nice a car to be demoted to fish mobile status

5 hours ago, rolmops said:

My wife opened my car door, smelled it, closed the door and told me to get rid of the stink. It really does smell fishy.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of that smell? It's much too nice a car to be demoted to fish mobile status

How about learning to release them instead of keeping them?😛

Try checking at a carwash for rug cleaner that has citrus or lemon scent. Do the carpets with it...I think it could help a lot.

Years ago some Navy Buddys & left a cooler full of Squid, sans ice in the Camper Back of my pickup truck for a week while we went about doing Navy things for a couple weeks in Virginia Beach during the Summer.

Step #1  Upon Approaching the car stay back at least 100 yards. or further depending if your upwind.

Step#2.  Go Buy a case of Cheap Beer and a Couple Bottles of Lysol

Step #3. Go find some Seamen and Offer them Free Beer to wash your truck.

Step #4 Leave all the windows open for a few months and sprinkle a few bottles of Old Spice After Shave everywhere.

If you can go to a car wash and pressure wash the entire interior it will help a bit.

Having the Good Fourtune of my Dog getting sprayed by a skunk and jumping into the truck with me did decrease the fish smell.

Don't Bother to worry after swimming in the Ocean and getting into the truck soaking wet, it will Only improve the smell.

Leaving soaking wetsuits and towels helps, but dont let them develop mold or your back to step #1.