Best day to go fishing ends with "Y"

Today....Launched solo at 5:30.   Ramp "tire trap" paved in.  Hope it lasts.  River heavy stained brown from recent rains.  Surface probe not working but well over 70F.  Watch out for logs, there are some hull busters out there.

Visitor in port today.  (EPA boat - Lake Explorer)

7-30-18a.thumb.JPG.ee36da6a89ce5f2d228557839686f6b3.JPG

Headed out & to the left.  Put in at 90 and worked out.  Any day you can see this is a great day!

7-30-18b.thumb.JPG.9ef36c0e49b389993542b02a071ff6cb.JPG

Wind from the south and water very warm.  I had 58F with 100 ft of cable down.  Lots of suspended bait 60/65 over 110 to 125. 

Ran Mupped spooks down 75, fast with short leads and was pleasantly surprised with this double just North of the 20 line:

7-30-18c.thumb.JPG.b6d60258b4bb3dd89b3fb9298276448b.JPG

21 & 11.  Took a while to revive them but they made it.  Talk about a cluster...!

Off at 10.  

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Nice going Tom. Until  very recently I have thought the flea infestation was something the was totally warm water temp related and with us for the duration until Fall but after the intense concentration of fishook fleas noted recently, and now folks now reporting light to none out there I'm wondering if the lake flip and cold water being pushed inshore either breaks up the concentrations or maybe kills them off somehow, or whether it somehow changes their reproduction cycle somehow.  Really interesting. Thanks for the report.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2