Fishing conditions have changed big time. The warm water is back with a 74 degree surface temp. Fishing is ok from 200 to 400 feet. 52 degree water at 85 feet down. Lots of small kings in the teens with a few adults mixed in.  Both atommik flies and meat have been working. Lots of big marks on the sonar down 200 feet. Can’t get them to go yet but I’m assuming they are big kings. 

• Like 1

How do u even mark anything on your sonar down that deep?   We got a helix 7 and have tried every setting and can’t really see crap in Ontario.  We see fine in Erie for walleye down to 75 feet.  But have no clue how to set it up for deep water.  Any help would be greatful.

13 minutes ago, mlvn_prry said:

Will try it next time.  I appreciate it.  Thanks

Think its more in the transducer than your unit. 83/200 isnt ideal for deep water 50/200 will get much better returns specificly the 50 kz. I have a total scan on my lowrance hds 7 and medium chirp will give me some marks but for best fish marks i use my airmar p66

• Like 2

How do u even mark anything on your sonar down that deep?   We got a helix 7 and have tried every setting and can’t really see crap in Ontario.  We see fine in Erie for walleye down to 75 feet.  But have no clue how to set it up for deep water.  Any help would be greatful.
Max mode and turn up the sensitivity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On the “bird” units use only 83 kHz. Once on 83 then adjust your sensitivity up to see what you want. Most units will show to 300’ plus but they have to be “dialed” in to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United