Cayuga New FLTA box record

Just wanted to give a shout out to Dylan Margeit for breaking the previous record for a 1 day total 5 fish box weight this past Sunday on Cayuga. Dylan weighed a 5 fish box consisting of 3 lake trout and 2 browns for 44lbs 11 oz. He also took linker for the day with a laker that went 11lbs 8oz and took over for brown of the year with a 10lb 2oz brown. The previous record was 41lb 2oz out of Owasco in June of 1992. Great job Dylan and crew! To everyone else Cayuga is fishing amazing get out there! If you have the chance as Well don't forget to sign up for the Tom Margeit memorial tourney August 11th going to be some impressive catches I'm sure!

Congratulations on a great catch and great day Dylan! Sounds as though you "smoked" it and those guys are some of the best in the Finger Lakes. :yes:

I am super impressed! I fished in the FLTA for a dozen years or so and only saw box totals of 35+ lbs. once or twice ( And they weren't mine) LOL.

Edited by Bigfoot

Awesome job Dylan and Crew.. You had a box of fish that I dream about every Saturday night before a tournament lol.. I've been fishing in this club for many moons and I will be Extremely surprised if I see another box like that in my lifetime but I hope we do.. Again Congratulations!!

Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

thanks everyone!! The winning box of fish was on spoons and a flasher fly. leadcore, dipsys and riggers all did good every game plan we had had big bites that's all we needed. Landed around 25 the first three being lost because it was my buddys first time trolling and other wasn't used to fighting them on rod and reel other than pulling them into a copper box. We did have gambler rigs in the water taking fish close to being in the final box.I wish we took some better pictures but was to busy fishing

WP_20180729_001.jpg

WP_20180729_005.jpg

WP_20180729_006.jpg

WP_20180729_007.jpg

V__56CD.jpg

• Like 3