Cayuga Blind Squirrel Finds Fish

So it had been a long day at the office with excessive brain strain.  My wife and daughter are in California for a softball tournament all week and both boys had work until after 9 tonight.  The original plan was get home and veg while finishing the lawn that I had half done before dark last night.  Well, a serious shower skipped Seneca Falls but hit East Varick head on so the lawn was out.  What to do.....go fishing of course.

So boat in the water at Dean's about 6:30.  Oops, the bozo who used this thing over the weekend never dialed off the batteries so not enough power to start the big motor BUT, I want to fish, it's a nice evening, and there is enough power to get the 9.9 to start, so why not just troll around close to Dean's for a bit?  Well, even with the kicker running there is not enough juice for the electronics so going to have to wing it.  Set riggers at 60 and 75, with copper carrying a flasher fly down 100.  Just meandered back and forth with minimal expectations but I was fishing and that's all that mattered at that point.  Well, by 8 the riggers fired 5 times, 4 off, you guessed it, the now standard sliding cheaters.  Brought these 2 home to feed the 3 boys dinner tomorrow night, left 2 Lakers in the water and never got fire #5 near the boat.  I would love to say what I was fishing over but don't know except to say never dragged bottom and guessing distance out from Dean's the activity probably happened at 200 fow and deeper.  Seemed like best speed was low 2. something as the rigger lines were singing and typically that's between 2.2 and 2.4

In the end I had a blast as expected to smell the skunk and with no fish finder I couldn't swear at all the marks that won't hit what I'm trying to sell them.

IMG_20180801_204734.jpg

• Like 1

Nice going and interesting report. I think you are a good example of something that I've said repeatedly on here being the dinosaur that I am:lol:. There is a very high reliance on fancy electronics, the best rods and reels, temp sensing devices, autopilots and all the other paraphenalia that goes with it, but at the end of the day the stuff is helpful but not as totally necessary as folks may believe or assume. You can still catch nice fish without all the expensive fancy stuff when either forced to improvise or going "old school":smile:.

Edited by Sk8man