What size weights are you guys running

I just got two brand new Cannon mag 10 STX riggers for my new boat . I want to get some heavier weights and I'm wondering what you guys are running. The book says the Cannons will handle 20 lb weights but I don't want to do that and Bernie's things up within a few years. What do you guys recommend. Also where do I find torpedo weights and what are the best weights to run. I've been using 12 lb rubber coated Cannon Downrigger balls for years and want to go bigger

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I like trout mans torpedoes the best bang for your buck, they track excellent and you can get away with less weight to achieve the same results. Not saying the sharks but the round ball and the rubber coated fish and pancakes. Those styles but bikini bottom shark weight & shark weights and troutmans torpedoes are on the same plane just different prices for their own bling looks. I’m a no thrills guy that believes my presentation is what I want the fish to see so my choice is troutmans torpedoes. Plus I hang the torpedo from the tail loop to bounce bottom when fishing Lakers, works pretty sweet. I’m certainly not going to drag a $100.00 weight across the bottom of LakeO. LOL

• Like 2

Over the years I've used various size weights. One thing I always do is if I'm running all 4 downriggers,

the two at the stern get weights a couple of pounds lighter than the ones ahead of them. That way

the extra blowback on the rear balls gives more separation and less foul-ups.

Spoon Fed

Cayuga

• Like 1