Had some fun yesterday with my nephew Dominick and his cousin Mikey fishing the big pond for salmon. We had 13 strikes for the morning, but had a case of the dropsy issue going on. Only netted 4 fish, with 2 being undersized steelhead, and one nice one with a 20 lb king. The highlight of the day was at the end of the time, when a double took the stage, and then a third rod went, and then a fourth rod went, and only the big king came back to the net. In the end we had only 2 of the rods of the 6 we started with left in the water. I field tested a new prototype 11 inch dodger attractor by Trinidad Tackle for my friend Stan Kulak, who graciously chose me to try in the lake for the kings. Although we couldn't bring a fish to the camera with it attached to its mouth, we did have two very good kings strike the twinkie meat rig being towed by the dodger. Both unfortunately pulled the hook and still swim. The king spun about 300 feet of backing off the reel on a 400 foot copper wire rig and came unbuttoned. The other was taken on a 42 second spoon off the downrigger and that one went to the fish box!20180803_124239.jpg20180803_094953.jpg20180803_094901.jpg20180803_094855.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good report Mark and great to see you having sonme action out there....sure beats a good day at work eh? :smile:

Edited by Sk8man