Downrigger cable retrever cord

Fishstix

Just get a roll of paracord in the camping section at Walmart Stan. It will work.I believe it comes in 50 and 100 ft lengths

Edited by Sk8man

Anyone know the size and type of cord or rope that is used on the cable retriever ?

Hopefully something I can order online,100ft spool .

Big Jon if that makes a difference.

Think you are talking about pulling the weight closer to boat to reach release . This is from Scotty and been in use for a long time for me IMG_20180805_070756016.thumb.jpg.a1c8c4e3491bca43649e6ac70d2ac86a.jpg

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The cannon one should work too ....I figured you were just talking about the cord itself

cannonretrievalcord.thumb.jpg.e69b402139f5522af0556d5791280065.jpg
After reading the post again think you are right . I had the cannon retrievers and the cord would break right behind the pully after a while , so I switch to Scotty

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think the Scotty one looks like it may be a little better design too Brian I have the Cannon and it has seemed a bit awkward to  me.

Edited by Sk8man

Yes if I had to do it over thumbs down I’d use the Scotty brand the cannons it just seems like there’s no easy way about it. Where on my run around home boat I had a set of the Scotty’s laying around and put them on that boat now I wish it was the other way around. When I bring my boat home from Ny, It will be the other way around as I’m going to switch to the Scotty’s type on both!!!

The Cannons always break at the retriever end. I made a mod to mine and added a large split ring (key ring), and just added a large snap swivel to the retriever line. Kind of hard to explain so I will take a pic next time I'm at the boat. The Cannons can still be added without cutting off the termination, which is why I prefer them to the Scotty. Plus, the pulley should be easier on the coated cable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app