With this heat what are my options? Been using cow bells on dipsys. Not working very well right now. Will be at Cayuga for 3 days. Coming for 3 days at the 17 of august with guests

I am doing a trip on the 13th. Pm me after then. During the derby this weekend I did not catch as many as I did a few weeks ago but still ended with 12 or 15 and they were all big fish. For me I had dry spell between 1:00 and 3:00pm. I noticed the water quality changed several times and when I was in clear water the fishing slowed. Change speed up. If you are searching for fish do a zig zag pattern and keep track of fish caught. If the fish are on the outside of turn you need to speed up. If they are the inside slow down. I started with lures close to bottom with little luck so I moved to deeper water and started catching fish. The fish are always moving so if you are not catching fish move. Two weeks ago I was catching fish 2.8 to 3.5 mph. This weekend I did better at 2.2 to 2.5 mph. Make sure you match your lures with the speed. Cowbells do not work well at 3.5 and spin doctors do not work as well below 2.00 mph. Just keep changing things up. 600' copper with grease trap did best, wire rods were second and riggers did 3 or 4 fish. Wes

I am doing a trip on the 13th. Pm me after then. During the derby this weekend I did not catch as many as I did a few weeks ago but still ended with 12 or 15 and they were all big fish. For me I had dry spell between 1:00 and 3:00pm. I noticed the water quality changed several times and when I was in clear water the fishing slowed. Change speed up. If you are searching for fish do a zig zag pattern and keep track of fish caught. If the fish are on the outside of turn you need to speed up. If they are the inside slow down. I started with lures close to bottom with little luck so I moved to deeper water and started catching fish. The fish are always moving so if you are not catching fish move. Two weeks ago I was catching fish 2.8 to 3.5 mph. This weekend I did better at 2.2 to 2.5 mph. Make sure you match your lures with the speed. Cowbells do not work well at 3.5 and spin doctors do not work as well below 2.00 mph. Just keep changing things up. 600' copper with grease trap did best, wire rods were second and riggers did 3 or 4 fish. Wes
Thanks Wes!

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I  have never  caught a fish on cowbells off a dipsey.Its seems like it should work but I could never make it work. I usually run cowbells off the riggers 5  or 6 ft off the ball.

88ft to 120ft down   are my standard depths.

Dodger,flys or spoons off the dipseys. Try and target the same depths.

• Like 1

Guys. What the he’ll is a grease trap

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cowbells and grease traps both have days they shine.  Two weeks ago when the lake was like pea soup  I had 3 sets of cowbells and Gambler rigs down. Last weekend the water was clear I ran 1 grease trap and 1 cowbell and the rest clean spoons and flasher/fly. Cowbells give off a huge vibration which is great in murky water but the grease trap has very little drag and is very speed tolerant. I have talked to several people that have tried grease trap with no luck. I have used them for years and have best luck on 600' copper .