New drag washers in convectors

Hey guys I'm just wondering if anyone has replaced the drag washers with carbons in convectors. I'm really good with pulling reels apart and putting them back together I just haven't messed with the drags at all. It's as simple as replaced what i assume are felt or leather drag washers? Do I leave the carbons dry?

• Like 1

It is easy, I did mines and I am very happy with the result. Just follow the order of the drags, one is different than the others I believe, and your GTG. I put some Cal's grease on mine, just a little, and they are very smooth now. If you leave them dry they will be as sticky as they are now. Alan Tani is showing how to proceed on his reel repair forum if you want to take a look before putting your reels apart. 

With a brush, enough to cover the entire surface and you still see the carbon, do both sides too.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=774.0

Here is the link for the convector, older model, so you can follow the steps if you need. In the pictures of the convector he does not show the amount he puts on them but if you do a quick search on his site you will find quickly. I find that he puts to much of it as we are not fishing salt water but that is just me. 

Edited by VandooChris