I'll be heading up to Alexandria Bay (actually, Carnegie Bay) for a few days at the end of the month -- any suggestions on where to go for some shore fishing?  Trying to get my son hooked, so quantity may be better than quality ;-)  Thanks in advance

Pick any dock you can find up there and you should be able to catch some panfish.  Stop and get some worms at 1000 Islands bait store and that is all you will need.  If you are staying at a hotel on the water then they should have docks for you to fish from.  Best of luck :yes:  It's the same place I got hooked 36 years ago.

You can catch bass off the islander wreck in the bay. Bring extra gear because u will get snagged and lose some tackle. Crabs will be the ticket from a bait perspective right now. I have limited many times fishing the islander in august and September. Get there early or late because the wreck is used as a scuba diving site. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The dock at Frink Park in Clayton is a good spot, as well.  Pretty deep water and you can often times fine some smaller smallies.

Worms and just about any dock will get you perch and panfish until you're sick of catching them.  Try a drop shot rig to keep the worm off the bottom and away from the gobies.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone, for all the great advice -- we just got back and had an awesome time.  We were out there 8-10 hours over the course of each day, pulling in plenty of panfish using worms, as well as some undersize bass and pike on spinners and spoons (lots of fun reeling in those pike, less fun unhooking them haha).  I lost a real nice largemouth (probably 16-17") in the weeds just a couple of feet from the dock -- of course, nobody else was there to see it ;-)

My daughter got in on the act as well, and the kids even managed to pull their cousin away from his Pokemon games and got him fishing too (you have no idea what a miracle *that* is).

Awesome, awesome trip and looking forward to doing it again sometime.

Edited by 21Cedar
  • Like 1