115 hp 2stroke yamaha

Kooch

Hi guys I have a 2001 crestliner with a yamaha 115 2 stroke. It starts hard and needs choke even when warm . After it starts it feels like its starving for fuel at low rpm. When pulling into a dock she stalls out. Carbs were rebuilt last year and tank gone through. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by Kooch

Early this year. Had it out at chautauqua lake and it was fine. The next time I started it to move to a different  spot it ran bad. Once the rpms are up it runs ok.

Edited by Kooch

If you don’t find anything in the fuel side, being a 2001, not sure how many hours on it, you might want to do a quick compression check on the cylinders. Hopefully it’s something simple as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would check LP fuel pumps for pinholes. Yamaha's are known for failing. They are easily rebuildable for less than 20 bucks per pump for the diaphragms. 

if you figure it out please circle back with your results. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2002 90hp 2 stroke yammy and i run lucas fuel system through the fuel a couple of times during the year, it lubricates and removes carbon from the rings. been doing this for years with not a hickup.   i run that sh*t through all my equipment including autos.  it really does work  just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...