The green boat revived!!!

This has been a long time coming, but I’ve finished the major repairs and upgrades on a 1966 aluminum Starcraft my grandfather left me when he passed.

I grew up fishing in this boat around Henderson Bay and the Black River Bay with my grandpa and family.

It’s such a sight to have it moored in front of the cottage once again, waiting for it’s next outing.

New floor, paint job, new used engine with controls and electric start. An older depth finder from another upgrade on my other boat.

I gave it a sea trial this afternoon and all is working and ready to go.

Can’t wait!

IMG_9450.JPG

IMG_9448.JPG

IMG_9452.JPG

- GBL

Puffer II: 1802 Trophy

Green Boat: 1966 Starcraft Mariner-V 14

• Like 4

What a blast from the past.  I had that same 16' model in the late 80's.  Tan with green floor/interior.  Had to replace the deck and transom around 90.  Took out the two benches and installed pedestals while I was at it.  Ran a board across the transom and mounted manual downriggers.  Caught loads of fish from my similar boat.

Looks great!

Love it !! Making gramps proud !! But why is it called the green boat ??? I don't get it. Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Since I was little my family always called it the green boat. I had extra vinyl from lettering my other boat and thought, why not! Everyone that knows the boat knows it as such, and now you do too! Lol!!!

- GBL

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! It’s truly great!
Was out the past few days, with my kids and cousins... did some damage on the perch. Got over 100 total. Best haul, yesterday, 72.
IMG_9555.JPG

- GBL

• Like 1

Nice haul Luke.Great you are sharing it with your kids.My brother in law has recently restored a mid 50s aluminum Lonestar.It has big fins on the back (looks like the Bat boat) My father bought it when I was a kid.I can't wait to fish off it again. It has been a lot of years it is going to bring back a lot of memories 

• 1 month later...

Luke,
I was very close with my grandfather too. Grew up fishing with him on the St. Lawrence. That is awesome. The boat looks great. A lovely tribute to your grandfather. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United