CHENANGO COUNTY DUCK OPENER

We whacked 11 this morning. Mixed bag of mallards, woodies and one green wing teal. Many more woodies than mallards flying. My 9 yr. old boy had a blast! Back home by 10:00 Could have smoked some geese if the season was open. Could they make the geese season and areas any more confusing??

aV1EnKUi.jpg

[/img]

Pq1FhT0S.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was out too. We hunted a field and did pretty well considering the set up. 18 birds consisting of Mallards, teal, Wigeon and Blacks. Could have smoked some honkers but somehow the call fell out of my bag . Nice........No pics, my camera and raining conditions don't like each other.

mis, what area roughly were you getting widgeons? man I would like to get into some of those. Just got back from a soaking wet weekend duck hunt on Cayuga Lake. Too rough on the lake most the birds where off the lake in the calm ponds and such. Did a few mallards and a couple blacks. Did not see one diver yet.

SS....I hunt in the vicinity of Braddocks bay....Within about 6 miles. When the first shot went off in Braddocks, the Ducks made a mass exodus off the bay. It was pretty telling when they were flying at 2K feet and when you called at them they just got higher....LOl...that's duckin for ya....