Mid Summer Perch

BrookTrout

I am fairly new to targeting perch on Seneca.  I also understand most fisherman are very tight lipped about location/tactics.  Most seem to target them in the winter and spring when they school shallow but what about mid summer?  I have been picking up a few large perch along drop-offs with live bait but very sporadically.  Occasionally I find small schools of short fish.  Are there any tips/tactics for summer perch on the fingers that might lead me to more consistency/numbers/size?  Do the larger fish typically suspend, do many target them in the summer?  Im not looking to go out regularly and fill a cooler but occasionaly would like to be able to get enough for dinner!  Tks in advance.  My boat is on the south end but I venture north occasionally. 

Great stuff. Gotta love people that share what they know. People that get vicarious enjoyment out of helping someone enjoy success.
Getting rarer every day.
Pass it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

You are very right whaler....very different than the high secrecy of the "old days". Always a good idea to give back to the sport.....sometimes you just have to be careful about the way you do it:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Anyone finding any perch on Erie? Haven't been out since spring for them heading out tomorrow out of the Catt to try and find some. Just seeing if anyone has caught any or marked any decent schools while walleye fishing.

Anyone finding any perch on Erie? Haven't been out since spring for them heading out tomorrow out of the Catt to try and find some. Just seeing if anyone has caught any or marked any decent schools while walleye fishing.

You are certainly going to have better luck on LEU even though People are fairly tight lipped on LEU also. It will also keep you from catching a little hell about posting about Erie on Ontario site.I have not fished perch this year at all but Sunday we marked some perch schools in 68-73’ of water just east of the Catt.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app