for sale : usa Joes original pirate lures

I have 70 to 100 of joe riefers original pirate spoons that we made by hand in the early 90s, before joe went commercial.these are probably the only originals left in existence and were by far the most Productive on the big O. For more info call capt larry at 585 750 1337. 

Edited by Larry kanada
  • Like 2

Thanks for that info .. but I stopped fishing the oak in 85. So how did I get spoons made in the 90’s in the 80’s

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
I have a bunch he made on the back of his boat just for me. I worked for charter that was docked right next to him. And in the ams waiting for customers to show up he made them, Love the hand hammered ones. Mine will never see water I would cry if I lost one. I also have some that were never finished. And some other crazy things he made messing around..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I worked on the “Answer 2” no plans on sell mine ether. Same with the Sutton’s when in the 70’s Answer 2 and. ” troutman “ was at Clark’s

Who ran the answer 2 I should know that boat?

Brings back some memories.....I used to night fish next to Roides and Oravec when they kept their boats at Clarks at the south end of Canandaigua before threy moved their operations to Lake O and the salmon fishing reallly took off.:lol:

You do look very familiar in the photos. I had a 13 ft Whaler with a dodger on the front of it....I was one of the smallest boats out there at the time so I didn't dock it or buoy it there at Clarks:lol: Luckily I had 250 ft of anchor rope too:smile: and I used my Riveria downriggers with the 4 ft booms to hang my coleman lanterns on for night fishing. Back then Miriam Clark  was one of the best mechanics around and one of the very few females doing it too. I think we may have talked out on the dock there back then. I still remember Oravec always wore his Greek fishing cap too. ....the good old days.

Edited by Sk8man

• 8 months later...

I have about 75-100 of Joe’s hand made spoons. Probably half are hand hammered 44s.

Back in the day my father had a west coast connection for then new squid patterns each year and he used to hand tie squids with George Richey’s tinsel inserts and sell them as a LOTSA club fundraiser. My dad, George and Joe traded tinsel squids, flies, and spoons each season at the Buffalo fishing show.

One year I traded Joe a custom thumper rod with a thread weave of his pirate lure stamp for 3-4 dozen of his spoons. A few of these were unique one-off experimental lures that were never produced for sale.

While countless other lures have come and gone over the years, I still have consistently good success fishing many of Joe’s hand made spoons.

I just got some blanks that he had never finished..The one on the far right was his light blank not hammered you don't see many of those any more and the one on the far left is a 66...I put split rings and hooks on half of the ones I got and the rest I might never fish with.. Great piece of Lake Ontario salmon fishing history.. His spoons are what most copied.. I still have some he hand made on his boat for me and those are retired and in hiding.. IMG_20190523_161939678.jpeg