Cayuga 2018 Barney and Bear's Fall Trout and Bass Derby

Attached is the entry form for the 2018 Barney and Bear's Fall Trout and Bass Derby.  You can sign up at Bear's Baits, located at Myers Park in Lansing, New York.  As many of you know Bear has been working very hard to establish a second weigh-in station.  He did obtain permission to use Long Point State Park, however, he is now encountering problems obtaining two certified scales.  The second scale at Long Point State Park would need to be certified in Cayuga County according to NYS Weights and Measures. For this year, we will continue to use only one weight-in station at Myers Park and hope to have this issue resolved for next year's tournaments.  Any questions please contact Bear at 607-387-5576.  

Bear's Fishing Flyer Fall Derby Sept 2018 Mastor.docx

Edited by Fishbowl836
Wrong Flyer used
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Fishbowl836 said:
Attached is the entry form for the 2018 Barney and Bear's Fall Trout and Bass Derby.  You can sign up at Bear's Baits, located at Myers Park in Lansing, New York.  Attached is the entry form below.  As many of you know Bear has been working very hard to establish a second weigh-in station.  He did obtain permission to use Long Point State Park, however, he is now encountering problems obtaining two certified scales.  The second scale at Long Point State Park would need to be certified in Cayuga County according to NYS Weights and Measures. For this year, we will continue to use only one weight-in station at Myers Park and hope to have this issue resolved for next year's tournaments.  Any questions please contact Bear at 607-387-5576.  

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Photo of 2018 Fall Entry Form.jpg

Edited by Fishbowl836
Wrong Flyer used

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep....hoping that one of these days that another more northerly weigh station can be obtained as it is one heck of a long journey to Meyersboth by water and land if not from that area or staying near there, and are located on the other end and side of the lake. I'm pretty sure that campers at Cayuga Lake State Park might participate as well if something were closer to weigh fish. I know this may be a bit complicated logistically but I think worth actively pursuing.

Edited by Sk8man

Bass guys always weigh in at Deans Cove...!!!Maybe next season.Its something to think about.Zeke and Cyn
I was there today . He Was thinking Mallory's or Long Point. if he does Mallory's he's got to do a Seneca County Weight & Measures stamp if he goes to Long point it Cayuga . For a 2nd scale. It looks like he's going to get it done for next year ..

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

With hopes of possibly avoiding tournaments occurring on the same weekends, and hopefully getting bigger turnouts each year for Barney & Bear's... here is a list of all the FLTA tournaments for 2019.  I'm told the FLTA schedule has remained virtually the same for a dozen or more years.  The month of May is tricky to schedule with Mother's Day (May 12) and the NLTD (Memorial Day weekend) in there.  Anyway, just putting this info out there for Barney & Bear to hopefully see.  I love fishing all of the tournaments, and I hope maybe the FLTA club putting their schedule out way in advance like this might be a helpful thing for overall scheduling and turnouts.

April 7 Seneca
May 5 Canandaigua
May 19 Keuka
June 2 Owasco

June 23 Cayuga

July 14 Seneca

July 28 Cayuga

September 8 Owasco

September 22 Keuka

October 6 Canandaigua

Edited by cinnamon fish

14 minutes ago, lyteline said:

Thinking that Barneys Spring derby will be in May but it's good to know the dates in advance...Zeke and Cyn

Yeah, this past spring, the spring derby was the May 19 weekend and a bunch of potential entrants were out fishing the FLTA tourney on Keuka.  Would be great to possibly avoid that next year, but I know easier said than done with limited options in May.

Edited by cinnamon fish