Oneida Eyes 10-12-08

Same method as yesterday, quit earlier though. Six eyes, some perch & a Sheepie. Check out the shad the pike spit up (left sid eof the photo on the dark square), this is what they are dining on, saw large clouds of them on the sonar. The eyes will continue to be tough until they eat their way through this biomass of Gizzard Shad.

OneidaEyes10-12-08005.jpg

OneidaEyes10-12-08002.jpg

Iceman-nice eyes!!!!

Fished Saturday the NE corner of Oneida-lots of marks, lots of baits, none of catching!!!

Finally took a moronic eye with a blk prism Dave's Kaboom about 7am. Fished the n/e section of Oneida without another eye til 5 pm when I moved over to Shacleton Shoals. The whole tiime I was trolliing the N/e section-I also had my Aqua-view Camera down-the majority of marks were drum and silver bass-with an occasional eye throw in.

When I hit Shackleton at 5 pm-first fish was a smallie (almost 4 lbs!) on a spoon. IN the next hour-fishing just south of the shoals-4 more eyes on jointed shad raps in persh and white pearl (Thanks to Terroreye).38-40 fow-lure plus 50' then a 2 oz snap weight- then 40' to the board. I hit a school that caught either way trolling.

Walteye

So walt, you found those fish that I was talking about in the morning when I spoke to you on the radio? Did you see how much bait and how many fish were in that area. I took a run down to the 111 after I spoke to you, the weeds were nowhere near as bad but there was nowhere as near as many fish either. I went back to where I started the morning and did well

Landshark-Last fall I did really poorly in the N/E corner-and ran down to the same area south of Shackleton and limited out quickly-icons were on the GPS and the new ones are almost on top of last years! Actually the weeds were non-existent by the end of the day-but the eyes were there-along with plump perch. Thanks for the tip-

Walteye