Heading to Oswego was wondering best  place to start thinking out deep around 400 and work out to 600 but would hate to drive right by them will be looking for that bigger class of fish . THANKS 

• Like 1

Today the thermocline at 160 feet was at about 80 foot and as we went farther out it went down to 110. The fishing today was very poor. One 25 pounder 110 down over 280 feet, one 3 pound brown 50 feet down  over 220 feet and one hitchhiker skippy was all we had to show for 8 hours of trolling from 150 foot out to 600 feet and back.

Good luck tomorrow.

Wow thats rough but it happens to all of us one day you slay them the next they can be gone hopefully it will turn back on will be there tuesday thru sunday .Thanks for the report !

• Like 1

Also cold water has already moved in pretty good as today I had 44 degree water down 70 in 100fow in front of the plant. Out deeper I guess there were more normal temps. Picture of my first male of the year. And my buddy first salmon on a boat. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice!! Headed up to fish Sunday to Friday. Not sure where to put the boat, either out of Mexico or Oswego. It will  depend on this weeks reports.  Its been weird not seeing many reports of squadrons of staging kings. Maybe to much warm water yet??

2 hours ago, p3434 said:

Fire chief 48 will be up Thursday and Friday also . So u should get a couple reports , steelfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Awesome. Thanks!!  Ill post live updates next week when I'm up.

• Like 1

Fished Mexico in front of big river 130-160 fow . 8-8 today . Took 6 fish on 100 rigger with spoon. 1 fish on 86 rigger FF, and 1 fish on 240 dipsey FF. Will post pics when I get home . All kings . 27 lb, 25 lb , 24 lb was the biggest .

• Like 1

Fished Mexico yesterday afternoon with p3434, 140-160 FOW. we went 2-5, mature Kings, lost 2 others and lost a nice Steelie at the back of the boat. All riggers, 105, 95 and 84. Spoon and F/F. Had a rookie, his first Kings. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Firechief48
  • Like 1

Out today at 05:30. Weather forecast was wrong. Sustained winds 15 to 20 south east. Out In 300 feet of water we had 3 footers with occasional 4’s throw. In. To one 20 pound king on a flasher fly. Got tired of being beat up and went in and caught and released a doz. Browns.  Ack out this afternoon. Weather looks bad for the next 2 days. 

• Like 1

Steelfire , I’m heading back up to fish Thursday and Friday. Give me a shout on 68 . Boat name. Here we go . R u fishing Mexico or oz .

Unfortunately We are leaving Friday   We leave earlier on Thursday.  This big blow coming tonight may last through Thursday. Now.  Fishing was really good for us last evening as we boxed out in 400 feet of water. Meat was the ticket. This morning we got blown off early as we had 20 + mph off shore winds    We had 41 degrees water down 60 feet. :(  

• Like 1