Bald Eagle tournament 8/11

Team Always Something put together a 1st place win in the most recent leg of the Bald Eagle tournament series. Our box total 65.27 with 3 king's over 20 and we had another 20lb king in the cooler! It was a slow pick. We started fishing at 5am right in front of Devil's nose 60fow and fished for 2 hours between 60-100 fow east of the nose. Finally we realized that the West troll was our best bet when we had only picked up 2 fish in the first two hours. Only fish on the West troll....so we bounced between 100-180 fow ...all the way to the oak. Dipsy rods on fire and coppers. Rigger rods seemed to be slow but did pull in 2 fish over 20lbs. Most of the fish seemed to come 40-60ft down. Minion Meat rigs took most of our fish, and the only spoon that fired that day was a Hawk Spoon. This is my first tournament with my brand new Helix 7 and it was awesome to watch the screen all day!!! We started the day with a broken dipsy, a busted rigger rod, and whacky rigger and a paddle and meat rig breaking off due to a bad knot .....never even got the copper in the water and tink broken. Also one of our kings destroyed a brand new fly rig. But still landed him! Last year my buddy helped me name the boat cause it's Always Something and man was he right!!!! The Bald Eagle tournament series is a great fun way to spend your Saturday!!! Lots of laughs and lots of screaming reels!!! IMG_20180728_091626321_HDR.jpgSnapchat-233494364.jpgIMG_20180811_111506456.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1