Cayuga Cayuga 8/13 no sunscreen needed

Slow day for me. I might have been spoiled from all the great fishing over the last few months. I am going to blame it on the front. 600' copper with grease trap and spin-n-glo did best. High dipsy, #3 setting 150' to 185 back got us a nice brown and we lost 2 good ones. We had a nice double on big lakers in the middle across from the power plant. Did a couple lakers in front of power plant. As we trolled back we got that nice brown and a couple short salmon in front of T-falls. As always the bite picks up when it is time to go home!  Total legal fish 8 lakers and 1 brown. Riggers never fired all day.  Wes

600' copper almost always takes half the fish. I always try to have able bodies to reel in the copper. I seldom reel in fish so it doesn't hurt my arms at all:lol: I have had some savage hits this year on my high dipsy with Super Slim spoons like 3 days @ sea or nascar. The bad part is I  have broke off a bunch of these big fish. I have broke off more fish this year than I have in 40 years of fishing. Using 15 pound leader which seems like it should be more than enough. I am going to take some time and test my leader for break strength and put the scale on the dipsys to check trip weight. The only other thing I could try is put on a 50' mono leader and use a slide diver so I have some stretch and give. I tried snubbers but my strike numbers went down. I have my drags set light enough that they slip when I make a turn. Big fish seem to be the problem. I'll have to start targeting smaller fish I guess!    Wes

I've ran into the same thing, took off snubber off and went to 20 pound mono......a little more stretch but I still get break offs on violent strikes......that's the problem sometime with wire, core and copper.........not a lot of stretch.....hard to keep them on sometimes, love watching that dipsey hit though, especially when silver is hitting those sets.

I apologize for making fun of the weather when so many people are getting flooded. I pray you are all safe When I left Cayuga it was just starting to rain hard. In Cortland County we did not get the rain that the rest of the state got. When I got home and watched the news I was in shocked . Wes