Cayuga Cayuga Color Advice

3 minutes ago, cinnamon fish said:

Finger Lakes Tackle, as great as their spoons/paint job are, is out of business and they ripped off tons of people in the area, including myself.  I'd recommend Great Lakes Lures and Honeybee spoons.

Hawks Tackle is making the FLT spoons on the same blank and most of the popular colors that Finger Lakes Tackle made.  The owner is MOTOMAN on here.  You can also get a hold of him on Facebook - Hawks custom tackle.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

based on what I learned in a month on this site, I spent a rainy week at Cayuga 7/20-28, our first time there----and did pretty well

We used the silver minnow hammerheads in front of an alewife --got an 8.5 lb landlock on that one and quite a few lakers up to 9 lbs

when we trolled spoons the winner was a copper mooselook thinfish.   (2 browns, 2 rainbows, 2 salmon, 1 laker)

we fish all the trout filled reservoirs in the south, the salmon lakes in maine and at 2 mph--that copper spoon outproduces stingers, suttons and them all

hope it helps

good fishin

rory

nicole laker.JPG

micheles salmon.JPG

If I had manual riggers, I would catch way less fish! As soon as a rod fires, the rigger comes up and goes back down before the fish gets to the boat! Catching big Lakers is all about having zero down time. You can’t catch them when rods are not in the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...