Cayuga Cayuga 8/11

As most of us do, I watched the forecast religiously all week in anticipation of going out. Windfinder showed some us the lightest winds I've ever seen forecasted, which turned out to be correct. The precipitation forecast, not so much...

We launched out of Treman and the rain started right about when we left the inlet. We got soaked head to toe even with rain gear. However, the bite was good which makes it all worth it. Due to the weather and what appeared to be a canoe regatta going on (perimeter enforced by police boats), we only fished about 4hrs. All fish came on spoons/Dipsy's running relatively shallow (running on #2 setting 165' back). No monsters, but all were at least 20" (we were too wet and miserable to measure!). 3 browns and 1 laker were landed and kept, and numerous sub-legals were thrown back.  No lamprey wounds. Fleas aren't too terrible right now. 

Also, I've had my boat just over three years and this was the first time I ever had to use the bilge pump! :rain::rain::rain: However, if they're hitting I'll fish in the rain with calm winds any ol' time!

Just now, fisherdude said:

Over night and this morning we had over 5 inches of rain . Lodi taking a big hit flooded roads wash out campers and cars . I imagine the Lakes are going to be filled with debris

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah, it's nasty down towards Broome/Tioga counties as well. Northern Tier PA is getting hit badly, too. Here's to hoping we all get through this safely. :beer: