We need more leverage

My fishing partner has arthritis and doesn't have the hand dexterity to comfortably turn standard size reel handles. Our Daiwa 47's are getting old and maybe ready for retirement, I have some oversize handles on those but he can run our SG57LC3B"s and the high speed retrieve Okumas that I have leadcore on. I'm sure others on here have the same concerns - what does everyone use?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob from just the standpoint of being able to manipulate the handle itself the Okuma power handles seem pretty good to get ahold of. That big knob seems to fit the palm of the hand pretty well. My hunch is that they could be made to fit the Diawas despite the different holes.....possibly your machinist buddy could either modify the hole or make some sort of adapter for the shaft.

Bob, I would send an e-mail to "Tuna's Reel Troubles". They are reel experts, many on this board ( myself included) have had reels worked on by them.  A few years back, Andy was able to set me up with larger "power handles" to fit my older Diawa reels, now used for wire divers. He may have an answer to your dilemma.

http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/power-handles/

Edited by J.D.

My fishing partner has arthritis and doesn't have the hand dexterity to comfortably turn standard size reel handles. Our Daiwa 47's are getting old and maybe ready for retirement, I have some oversize handles on those but he can run our SG57LC3B"s and the high speed retrieve Okumas that I have leadcore on. I'm sure others on here have the same concerns - what does everyone use?
Thanks,
Bob

These might help on the reeling end also. never used them but seem like they would help a person with arthritis matched up with a high speed reel Image1534947157.917233.jpg

https://rodbossarm.com/product/rod-boss-fishing-arm/

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app