Theft - I Bay Help!

Just got to my boat at Bayview Marina on I Bay excited to fish tonight and took tomorrow off to fish as well. Found both downriggers stripped off of my mounts. Gone. Older Cannon Mag 10’s. Please let me know if you see anyone with newly acquired Mag 10’s. Had Scotty releases, one flat ball and one round ball. Definitely pony up a few hundred bucks if we find this idiot. IMG_2635.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

And this is why I pulled my boat out of Irondequoit Bay, to many shady people walking around. They like to steal batteries out of Boat as well around there. 

Good luck man it sucks that this happened to you.

That really sucks. Had a fishfinder stolen one year. Just took the head, no wires, no transducer. A cheap unit at that. Risk getting your azz tore up or arrested for very little. Makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

It doesn't matter old/new they were yours, some crackhead needed them for a quick sale. This blows I think this makes 3-4 robberies, scum of the earth!! I have 000 toleration for thieves!! So sorry to hear this. There was a few boats that fell victim to theft a few years ago and it very well could be the above posters, old marina, a few pulled out of that place. I know it's a project but I break my boat down, I work to hard for my stuff to be taken and have to replace what We have would set most of us guys into a coronary shock. I hope they have video cameras, and or get this thief!!! Definitely keep an eye on craigslist and other places for ya. I have riggers you can use if you need riggers I have mag10's 

Edited by pap
  • Like 3

The marinas on the bay need to secure their docks with gates like Shumway's does. I got the angler's package with my insurance with $5,000.00 in gear coverage because I knew the probability of getting ripped off at some point on I-Bay was enough to justify it. Already happened to me once. The added bonus was getting all my damaged gear covered in July when I suffered fire damage. Boat US insurance, covered all the gear I claimed no questions asked. That insurance is the only way I slept at night.

• Like 3

I don't know if the person that stole these would be crazy enough to post them online, such as Craigslist, but that is exactly what occurred a couple of years ago to my friend whose copper rods and divers were stolen at I-Bay.  They ran a sting and actually nabbed the thief at the exchange.  It took a couple of days for the items to be posted, but maybe keep an eye out for them.

Locks may help deter the opportunist but can create major problems if a ruthless thief. I remember years back when at a State Park I won't mention a guy had his boat docked and his trolling motor mounted on the transom and locked with a chain and lock. Someone (in a boat) came in during the night and cut out the transom section where the trolling motor was rendering the boat unusable. There are people put there that just don't care....

Edited by Sk8man

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, GAMBLER said:

Cannon downrigger locks would be tough.  The only way to get them off is by drilling them out. 

They are not all that easy to drill out either. I lost my keys and drilled a set out it still took me an hour to do.  I highly recommend the cannon locks, I don't leave home without them..

• Like 1