Shipping lanes

The shipping lanes are where the ships travel to and from the St. Lawrence River. The wall there is a piece of structure between the Canadian islands and galloo island. Look on your charts. The steepest piece of structure west of galloo island is the wall at the lane. A long ride from Henderson, but can be very good at the right time of year.

The shipping lanes are where the ships travel to and from the St. Lawrence River. The wall there is a piece of structure between the Canadian islands and galloo island. Look on your charts. The steepest piece of structure west of galloo island is the wall at the lane. A long ride from Henderson, but can be very good at the right time of year.

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well said guffin, if you round Stoney with the island to your right, I guess it would be the south west side and your heading towards Galloo you will see a green can off your left side, there's a sunken island the water and shallow 6-12ft give or take and on the side of the green can is where it dropped right into the channel. It's like a 30-45 minutes depending on what your boat will do. I run at 28 mph for me it's 45 minutes plus. I figure an hour run, but like the above post says it's worth the run!!

2 hours ago, pap said:

Well said guffin, if you round Stoney with the island to your right, I guess it would be the south west side and your heading towards Galloo you will see a green can off your left side, there's a sunken island the water and shallow 6-12ft give or take and on the side of the green can is where it dropped right into the channel. It's like a 30-45 minutes depending on what your boat will do. I run at 28 mph for me it's 45 minutes plus. I figure an hour run, but like the above post says it's worth the run!!

Pap, what species are you targeting there?

1 hour ago, FishinIsLife said:

Pap, what species are you targeting there?

I was thinking the same thing  Drowned island is just offshore from black pond and it’s a long run to deep water from there. I fish that area in the spring for Browns  

Ok. Drowned island is south of the light house and very near shore, and nowhere near the shipping Lane. Pap is talking about Galloo shoal which is marked by the green buoy west of galloo island. It is sometimes called the gas bouy. The wall at the shipping Lane is beyond(west of) that shoal as well. Study your charts before heading out if you're not familiar with that area. Galloo shoal is shallow, the wall is near 100 feet difference in depth( easy to hang a rigger into) and you're a long ways from home. As far as the target species, salmon are top priority out there. Lake trout can be had if you know where to look and have a good driver and some say walleyes can be found on the flats on top of the wall as well at the moment just the right time. Plan on using some gas, some time and not having a lot of company out there. The majority of boats out there are charters when the salmon are on there.

• Like 2