Got out solo from 3-6 tonight public launch at Sandy. I'm always reminded how awesome lake O can be and how much respect I need to pay her.. A mile from the launch I was only in 40 foot of water and the waves started turning white on top. The boat was bouncing all around and I was crawling north but I was determined to get to 100 feet. After forever I somehow got there. I only saw one other boat much further out. Only spoons today, I dropped a copper straight back and two dipsys on both sides. On about my third pass in rough water, my dipsy with the watermelon striker went off.. Somehow I managed to keep the fish out of the other lines.. I scrambled to get the net..waves were so big I almost fell... got the net stuck and quickly dropped to the floor, finally got it unhooked with my left hand and kept pressure on the fish with my right.. I really should have lost him since I must have bruised his face from stabbing at him three or four tries with the net.. When it was over the whole boat was a mess but I managed a selfie with this 9 lb steeley.. Lol that's my game face. Guess that made me 1 for 1 this afternoon with two nice fillets brining for the smoker. For record I marked many fish this afternoon from 100 to 150 and spotted a bunch of bait balls in the 130ft range. IMAG1665.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep pretty bouncy out of Hughes yesterday afternoon too!  My brother is visiting and frankly didn't care for it to much.  Only fished a bit but did manage a very good brown right off the bat.