Best Method - Keeping Mice out during storage

waterlogged

What does anyone suggest for insuring the mice don't get into the boat and chew things up over the winter??

I have done a little research and some things suggested are:

Moth Balls - don't like that idea much

Bounce Dryer Sheets

Cedar Chips

Irish Spring Bar soap - actually saw one guy post that he had mouse turds all around the bar of soap - :lol::lol::$:lol:

Peppermint Oil

Any one have any success/experience with any of these.

Thanks,

Clarke

Why don't you like moth balls? I have used them for years and have never had problems with critters , 4,6 or 8 legged. The smell goes away quickly when the cover is removed and boat is allowed to air out.

I put a couple dozen mothballs in a tunafish can & set it on a piece of wood in the boat. Have never had any signs of beasties in there. Smell goes away pretty quick after boat is opened up.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

try mouseballs catch a few mice trim em off and hang outside the boat with a little sign that says FREE MOUSE VASECTOMY..

:roll: Only you would come up with something like that, bad nuff with the dishwasher deal, banjo guy's, and it goes on an on. Now your pickin on mice. :?: :roll:

But I have to admit your a legend in your own time around here. :lol:

Ray, that's something you "lost" a long time ago!! :lol:;) Mothballs haven't worked that good at huntin camp - worked for boat though - gonna try the dryer sheets and like moisture absorber suggestion!

Shawn

Been using moth balls for years and have had no problems. As said above boat airs out in a couple of days once it gets opened up in the spring. Have heard good things about the dryer sheets as well. Rich you are right it is going to be a long winter.

Jeff