Seafoam

fishinfreak

ive used seafoam on just about every thing I own. Im not a big believer in a mechanic in a can but this stuff has made everything ive dumped it in run better. Ive run it in snow machines, outboards, inboards, chainsaw, RV, lawnmowers, side by sides and autos. not the cheapest stuff but good ****!!!  

I think that the issue of runing Seafoam in engines that are already fully broken in is separate from what the original post concerns. It might be wise to break the motor in strictly according to the manual procedure before introducing or using ANY additive - even from the standpoint of if there were something problematic that turned up during the break-in process it could complicate sorting out the origin of the problem. I would also be concerned about the integrity of the warranty under such circumstances. Why take unnecessary chances regardless of whether the stuff is potentially useful or not?

• Like 2

Seafoam is a petroleum product.  It wont hurt anything in the motor.  I run it in every engine I own, from my boat to my chainsaw.  I recently asked my boat mechanic his thoughts on using Seafoam instead of Stabil, and he said SeaFoam by far is a better choice. I use 1oz per gallon every time I fill my boat up. 

Edited by jigstick

With a brand new zero hour engine, I would follow the manufacturer instructions on break in time and rpm and not use any additives.  Once you have gotten past break in then I’d consider use of additives.  I run additives in my outboards and do use sea foam occasionally.  With a new engine I’d also change engine oil and filter after run in.

I'm going to have to agree with Les, why take a chance of running anything until your break in time has been met. Should anything go wrong hopefully nothing does. I wouldn't give the dealer anything for them to not warranty the total engine. I'm a firm believer in Sea Foam, and use it in everything. Since using sea foam I haven't had any issues with small engines come the spring. I used to spen hours in the spring getting things going again. Again I wouldn't give the dealer any leverage to not have to stand good on their warranty.