Cannon Ratcheting Rod Holders

7 hours ago, NymphO said:

It will "ratchet" up and hold position. When you get bit, just grab the rod, lift up and pull out. They seem real tough when you test them by hand, but trust me when you get a king on they come up smooth as butter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

agreed!

11 minutes ago, sherman brown said:

the only ones I know of that has a below vertical setting is the traxstech ratcheting holder. it has 17 positions up and down. I have the cannon on my boat and love the one hand operation. I just bought one of the traxstech holders. going to see which ones I like beat.

I'll just throw this out there - let me know which you think is best and what features you think are missing from each. I'm actually working on designing my own now, you sir could influence the development early on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sterling said:

Thanks all!

Is it just me, or should the rod holder ideally just fold up without any force required? Seems to me this would be superior.

other than just grabbing and standing them up what force do you have to do to get them there? 

1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Pardon?

sorry, i am confused as to the problem you are having. are you saying you have to do something extra to stand yours up? if so, there is a problem with yours. 

I'll just throw this out there - let me know which you think is best and what features you think are missing from each. I'm actually working on designing my own now, you sir could influence the development early on.

If the four boats I fish in most we all have different rodholders, I have cannons, my buddy big Jon’s, his Bil has traxtech and my other buddy has berts. I like the cannons the best with berts a close 2nd don’t care for the traxtech but would use them if that’s all there was and would have many complaints I absolutely hate the big jons.

If cannons had one more click down past 90 they would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, Sterling said:

I wont be using the traxstech until next yr. but from observations of them I like that they adjust below vertical and has 17 adjustments so they can be as little or as much as you want to keep your diver rods apart.

the cannon is one hand operation. just grad the holder and squeeze the release to put them down. then just grab the rod and lift to ratchet them up. I have both the single and double axis and like the single axis the best. the double axis has a square base and adjusts from pin hole to the next pin hole. the single axis has an oval base and can be adjusted as little as 1/16 or up to 70 degrees left and right.

just off hand I think the traxstech will serve my purpose better if I can get use to using both hands to put the holder down. the ideal holder would be one hand to set the holder with the 17 adjustments of the traxstech. and I would want the oval base that traxstech and cannon single axis has. im probably going to use 2 traxstech holders to start with. then if I can get use to using both hands to lower it i'll replace my cannon with the traxstech.

• 7 months later...

i've decided to stick with the cannon as it takes one hand to lower the holder. the 17 adjustments on the traxstech is better than the cannon. but with the rod in one hand its nice to be able to lower the holder just by squeezing the holder and adjusting it. the traxstech takes both hands.

44 minutes ago, gonefishing71 said:

quick question, i was just ready to order a couple of these from fishusa,

at the bottom in the question section, it says these won't fit a traxtec trac or cisco trac

can anyone confirm this, or are they wrong will they fit

From what I understand, they should fit. Maybe someone can confirm.

thank you, i thought so however the comments had me worried 

I have a total of 8 cannon dual axis. 6 are mounted inside Traxstech tracks and the other 2 are mounted into a Berts track. As stated above all interchangeable

IMG_1330.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike