Brown Trout Tag Interesting

Fishing yesterday and we boated a 7lb bt and my client says there is a tag on this fish, of course after i took care of it to get the hook out. I scratch the slime off and it says; Let me live with a phone # from Windsor C.A. sorry to late. Actually felt bad, because we had a awesome bite going on. I call the # and a sarah answers and we talk about what just went on with this fish. Come to find out this brown was tagged off the Niagara Bar in april and it was in rochester. I sent the transmitter back to get the details. Here i thought the browns were not roamers,,,,,,,

• Like 3

Interesting. I thought browns pretty much stayed within a few miles  of where they were stocked too. I’ve seen stream browns stay in the same hole spring through fall. Could be they just look for good structure and bait. Probably just wandered down the shoreline chasing bait. Doubt they are like salmon and steelhead that cris-cross the entire lake all summer but who knows.

• Like 1

Fishing yesterday and we boated a 7lb bt and my client says there is a tag on this fish, of course after i took care of it to get the hook out. I scratch the slime off and it says; Let me live with a phone # from Windsor C.A. sorry to late. Actually felt bad, because we had a awesome bite going on. I call the # and a sarah answers and we talk about what just went on with this fish. Come to find out this brown was tagged off the Niagara Bar in april and it was in rochester. I sent the transmitter back to get the details. Here i thought the browns were not roamers,,,,,,,
Maybe not whacking it with your mini Louisville Slugger would have helped
it get to 8lbs. [emoji1] [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1