Launching out of Sodus tomorrow at 6:30am.  Commitments (and weather) have kept me off the water for over a month.  I will post a report 8/24 evening.  Might start in the 50-90fow first for Browns then move deeper early AM for kings.  If anyone has been out in the last couple of days and wants to give me a "heads up" that would be just fine.

For whatever help its worth, fished out of the Genny on Monday with a large group of charter boats.  We did well in 150-200 about 75 down (temp was high 40s).  But everyone had coolers full and some fished in shallow and some deep.  They weren't staging yet, but coming in and scattered.

2 hours ago, ryonybony said:

Tuesday before the blow they were 100 to 150 down 50 to 70. We threw spoons, meat and flys at them...only spoons went. 6 for 8 by 930 and came in with 2 man limit. All majors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What color spoons were they on? Had no luck sunday with spoons all flies. 

Well,,,, poooo.  Launched at 6:30am next to Arney's Marine, pulled out at 1:30.  Set up in 80fow and quickly discovered the water temp was 70.1* from top to bottom. Picked up and ran to 150fow and set up again.  Forecast was for SW wind but had a mild NW wind that made for those roller coaster waves.  I get sick easily.  Worked for hours trying to find a good temp at a decent depth.  Went out to 260fow, would have gone further but the roller coaster ride was getting to me.  Wind changed to a WSW and it settled down around 11am.  Boats were all scattered.  Did find water at 49* 120' down over  160fow. No hits.  Saw one small bait ball on screen, saw maybe a dozen fish on the screen not counting the couple dozen or so Lakers on the bottom in 120fow.  No matter where we were the temp stayed in the 70* range from top to at least 65-70 feet down.  Been a long time since we got skunked but today was the day.

hope you have better luck this weekend.

• Like 1