for sale : usa Hunting Lease for Sale - Cattaraugus County, NY

First, Pete is doing what he was hired to do so don't make him the bad guy.

Second, the farmer has every right to lease his property and if you don't like it buy your own land and see what it's like to pay taxes on that land and see how interested you are in letting people hunt for free when you struggle to make a living farming.

Third, you lease so you can hunt with friends and family... paying for guided hunts for 6-8 people is more than 7 grand. If you are retired and can't afford it tough!

Last, if we didn't put excessive value on a stupid set of horns and just hunted for deer like we did for generations leases wouldn't exist.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do own my own land, and pay the taxes on it. I'm also not retired, just thinking of those on a fixed income. I do not begrudge the farmer who needs this money to offset his taxes or low milk prices, its the same motivation to allow a windmill on your property. Many farmers would have already gone under had they not utilized their land in any way they can. I am a canine trapper with many permissions so I talk and spend time with plenty of farmers so I know their struggles. But I've also lost plenty of permissions because of the exclusivety demanded of the leasees. My 5 or 6 coyote sets on that property will "interfere" with their hunting. So yeah, I'm totally self serving in my opposition to leasing. And you're right, its the hype of big racks on Hunting with Bucky TV that drives this. The spike I took on my own property last year tastes fine.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmac said:

I do own my own land, and pay the taxes on it. I'm also not retired, just thinking of those on a fixed income. I do not begrudge the farmer who needs this money to offset his taxes or low milk prices, its the same motivation to allow a windmill on your property. Many farmers would have already gone under had they not utilized their land in any way they can. I am a canine trapper with many permissions so I talk and spend time with plenty of farmers so I know their struggles. But I've also lost plenty of permissions because of the exclusivety demanded of the leasees. My 5 or 6 coyote sets on that property will "interfere" with their hunting. So yeah, I'm totally self serving in my opposition to leasing. And you're right, its the hype of big racks on Hunting with Bucky TV that drives this. The spike I took on my own property last year tastes fine.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

love that!!!

• Like 1

I have no issue with Pete. I have no issue with the land owner or the person that writes the check. A good deal is a state of mind, there’s an azz for every seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...