Life of a FishHawk probe

My one probe I have had since they brought out the X4.  I purchased it the first year it come out.  It works flawlessly.  My spare probe just sits in the case and has never seen water.  Keep doing what you are doing and it will last a long time. 

• Like 1

After all test completed at home and still don't work I'd call fish hawk themselves!! I had good experience with their company. Eager to help their customers!!

Edited by pap

My X4D probe died during the second season. Of course it was just after the warranty expired.  It read 3.4 on the lower temp scale, which according to their website is the kiss of death. I bought a new one before I found out that Fish Hawk will replace them for $100 cheaper than what I paid at the tackle shop if you send it back to them. So I .guess I'm going to have a spare when I do that.

I have heard of issues with the battery cables inside breaking, or the probes getting hit on something and breaking it internally.  Call Fish Hawk and see what they will do.  Their Customer service is awesome. 

1 hour ago, magill270 said:

I am definitely sending my broken one out for repair at FishHawk and use it as a spare. They are a great company.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Best deal is exactly what your doing as now you'll have a spare. One hit to the wallet but then the panic mode is over with!! Best of luck!!

Thanks guys. I knew I should had got a spare when I bought the unit. I am glad I didn’t lose it at the bottom of the lake. Ooo well off to woodys for probe and tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United