Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Big Spoon

Cayuga Myers Entrance Warning

Was out on Cayuga last night and saw what at first looked like a white Cormorant sitting proud in the water... when we got closer, the target was identified as the top 18" of a sailboat mast at full sail!  Must be during the flooding/rain someones sailboat got washed in and swamped.  The boat was located just south of the entrance to Myers, maybe 100 yards from shore.  With the wind, its possible that it blows in shallow, or into the Salt Plant.  Just wanted to warn to keep an eye out.

Chris

Thank you Chris I have notified the USCG base commander who will notify finger lakes marine and the rest of the marina there .... I will be out on a patrol Saturday and go look for it as well...

Update:  After talking to one of my coworkers who spends a lot of time down there, I believe its a wind-surfing mast, not a sailboat.

Called the Sheriff's Office, they're out looking for it now.

Be safe, good fishing.

I removed this from the water last night around 7:45 it was just the mast and sail, mast was broken off at the bottom.  

I put it on Craigslist lost and found this morning.

If anyone knows who it belongs to I've got it...

IMG_20180823_195337711.jpg

Bill - I work with a guy who knows the owner - PM me your number and I'll pass it along.

The Sheriff called and said that they thought it was the kind of mast that you just described...Thanks all for helping...Zeke and Cyn