Rescue off oak orchard !?

Had to be terrible. Any guesses as to surface temp out there? 500 feet of water off the Oak would be US waters (I think). With the south wind could they have lost power and drifted north?
Bad things happen quickly, prayers to all affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Our heavy four stroke motor allowed water to splash over the transom a few weeks ago. We were drifting at two mph.The water accumulated On the deck , not the bilge area where it could be pumped out. Using plastic buckets and bottles we bailed it out. Turning the boat into the waves and getting underway we got back to port at six mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Just over a weak ago i fished out of Oswego and very bad weather heavy storms and water spouts decided best beat was to stay inshore and catch browns and we did .Many boats ran out deep only to come back soaked with no fish and there buts handed to them . better to air on the side of caution !

No. Stupidity and arrogance killed someone

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Paul, you’re assessment is completely wrong regarding this tragedy. The survivor is a good friend of mine. I believe you know who he is and he is a LOU member. He is beyond devastated. I have spoken with him about this accident and based on what he told me, this was nothing about stupidity or arrogance. The boat sank instantly. I have been on more rescues and investigations of these incidents then I want to remember throughout my coast guard career. What happened out there was an accident and he did everything he possibly could do for their survival.

• Like 4

Holy moly 5-7 footer been there done that, sweated and prayed every inch of the way. Had my dad who was battling cancer and my uncle. Went from nice rollers to wind blowing fiercely and till we got all lines in 3-5 and building. Had to trim up to keep the waves from coming over the bow. Weather report was 1-3 and diminishing to 1ft or less. You just never know every time you leave the dock what might happen. Sounds to me the men had their life jackets on. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Czarnecki said:

No. Stupidity and arrogance killed someone

You have to be kidding me......totally heartless and classless. You must be perfect Paul

My thoughts go out to the family

• Like 2