Cayuga Cayuga 8/25

Short late morning trip today.  Launched from Dean's and lines in the water about 9:30  Fished the middle from Thirsty Owl back toward Dean's so the wind was at my back.  Found fish over 250-350 fow but only a Laker bite today although something hammered a spoon on the rigger and early in the battle got off and kept the spoon. 😥

Copper down the chute 500-600 back using white flasher fly combo took 3 fish in the 5-7 pound range.  Spoons had nothing beyond the early hit at 60 down.  Dropped down to 75 and grabbed 2 fish.  Had to be in Geneva by 1 so off the water by 11:30  but ended up a busy couple hours on the water!!

I'm heading down to Cayuga from Sunday-Thursday, looking for lakers and salmon.  Haven't fished there in 20+ years.  Any advice?  Planned setup is copper down the middle, dipseys on the wingers(no riggers on my boat).  Flasher/Fly and spoons.  Do j-plugs or kwikfish work? 

• Like 1

The past few weeks I have used a flasher fly on my copper straight back and every trip at least one Lake trout grabs it.

Been using 2 riggers as my other 2 lines most of the time as a way to target silvers and most days a few come around but not today.  Someone else here can comment on what else you might use on dypseys.  I have only ever used flasher fly on the mags but since mostly been solo trips this Summer I have not used them much.

• Like 2

Lately I have put it out 500 and leave it for a while with the assumption that speed changes and turns will mix it up a little.  It's been taking fish there so haven't moved it much. 
Where are you launching from?
Gonna be docked at cottage in Seneca Falls but figured I'd head towards long point. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app