Boat Capsized off Point Breeze

Wow 9 miles out in a 19 foot open bow boat and 4-7 foot waves? Crazy.!!  The lake must be respected as things can change quickly just like Erie. Just not worth it going that far off shore. Prayers to the fishermen and family.  

When the forecast was calling for 15-25 out of the South, the light bulb should have came on and these guys should not have been in 500' of water in a small boat. 

I’m going to agree. Even if a person wanted to go out in that type of dangerous condition and put the risk to only themselves and not endangering anyone else, you still have people that have to put themselves in danger for having to go out and rescue them. We have to remember that. They have families and loved ones as well.
As a side note, I also respect all of the LOU members as this is an elite group, we just have to realize people show emotions in different ways. Social media doesn’t help with showing that. Nobody wanted to see this and I’m sure all are sadden like me, as we all have a skin in this game, that a fellow fisherman lost his life and another had to be a part of it. As others mentioned, if we can pull out a learning lesson from this as they go through the findings, we can help prevent future catastrophes. Whether behavioral or mechanical. My sincere condolences to the families affected by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Frogger said:

I’m going to agree. Even if a person wanted to go out in that type of dangerous condition and put the risk to only themselves and not endangering anyone else, you still have people that have to put themselves in danger for having to go out and rescue them. We have to remember that. They have families and loved ones as well.
As a side note, I also respect all of the LOU members as this is an elite group, we just have to realize people show emotions in different ways. Social media doesn’t help with showing that. Nobody wanted to see this and I’m sure all are sadden like me, as we all have a skin in this game, that a fellow fisherman lost his life and another had to be a part of it. As others mentioned, if we can pull out a learning lesson from this as they go through the findings, we can help prevent future catastrophes. Whether behavioral or mechanical. My sincere condolences to the families affected by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1