Fishing the west end labor day weekend.

who will be fishing the west end of Ontario this coming weekend??

We will be fishing out of Wilson or Olcott this weekend. depends where I can find a slip??

I will be. Fished today (Monday) and Saturday, and Friday.  Derby fishing each day. Friday was rough slid into inside (120 foot) which I consider inside. Fishing excellent with sun up east of olcott on frDay.  Temps were excellent all deep on bottom which makes it like target practice.  Saturday was windy, struggled to stay inside with tough, at times rediculos south winds.  Currents were rediculous and winds were non stop offshore. Long story short, decided to give up on the inside 100 and troll with the current. Did well once we stopped fighting the wind. Lots of fish 150-180 trolling with that big south wind to keep lines nice and spread. Today (Monday) nice calm conditions trolled 110-80 and then back out to the “dead water” 250.  Dead water was not dead and was the best water of the day. Did a dozen fish between 110-250, in my opinion the deeper the better.  Fish are not t staged heavy, water is cold down deep everywhere, like 42 degrees past 90 down.  If I had to do things over, I simply fish offshore 25-30 north lines. I do not like fishing staggers off bottom when the bottoms temps are ice cold.  If you are wondering about having a huge day with staging matures, I believe it’s simply too early. Every kind of fish at every kind of size is in there but it is not a full on mature fest yet.  We won the summer loc with a nice 26 north fish weeks ago and if winds cooperate I would prefer to fish deep for another week.  Winds have been a disaster for a few weeks. Good luck !!

• Like 1

We will be there Thursday Afternoon until Monday from Ohio.

We have two smaller 19’ boats so weather will play a roll on where we fish. Looks like it could be “sporty” as of now. We have a house in Olcott and plan to fish here or Point Breeze.

We may end up perching in the Niagara River like last year if weather is too bad.

• Like 1

That could be a great plan B for us as well. We have a 24 foot boat but if it’s really bumpy out there I’d rather perch fish also.
Is there anyplace on the Niagara that rents slips with electric??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

We also have two 21ft walleye boats coming from Ohio.  We will be up mid day Friday though Monday.  We have been watching the weather really close as well.  I think we are going to pack walleye gear and if the big lake is rough we may make the drive the Oneida or Chautauqua to fish for eyes.  Though the river sounds interesting.

The current plan is to go out of Wilson Friday.  Then Point Breeze Saturday and Sunday.  Then finish back at Wilson on Monday.  Weather and parking permitted of course.

There are a few in the river also. This one was 8.6lbs we got on a blow day last year. We used a 3-way rig with harnesses and a 3oz weight on bottom. Kicked boat sideways and drifted close to bank North of Lewiston ramp about 1.2 miles. Perch were right by the ramp. Enough to scratch an itch.

The last night of our trip we went to Chautauqua and perch fished and the algae was so bad we left early. 

E412441F-22A0-4A7B-88D5-F0B73EF08BF3.jpeg

Edited by Brahmabull71

who will be fishing the west end of Ontario this coming weekend??
We will be fishing out of Wilson or Olcott this weekend. depends where I can find a slip??

We will be up from Saturday evening to Monday afternoon fishing Wilson/Youngstown. Be careful if you rent a slip from Wilson, there was a boat parked in the one I purchased last trip up. Seems like a free for all down there. Let me know if anyone knows of any in Youngstown also. And does Youngstown launch have a cleaning station?

Would any of you guys that are coming up be willing to share information when we are there? Could help all of us weekend warriors out a bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app