What fishfinders does everyone run ?

Jake, if you're considering a move away from Garmin, consider that you may have had a lemon. In my experience Garmin is fantastic and offers better warranty and support than most companies. If you call the Garmin hotline you're talking to an american fella. Their support is not outsourced. 

I've used Raymarine and was quite happy with that unit.

They all have there nitch, I have a Lorance on my big boat and a helix on my small boat. I love them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What you are running for a transducer..not just the head unit?  I am running a Garmin 7607xsv with Garmin GT51M-TM and 7608 slave unit networked and it is bar far, the best combo I have run. I run the fishfinder on the 8 and use the 7 for plotter, mapping.  Power up one and both power, waypoints saved redundant, maps, wireless, supports autopilot control, radar and engine data.. easy to use after several hours of use.  The customer service as stated is great as they helped with the transducer questions I had.

The 73SV gets good reviews so you might want to think through your concern before scrapping it.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Fishnut said:

They all have there nitch, I have a Lorance on my big boat and a helix on my small boat. I love them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use lowrance depth finder gps on my erie boat and a hummingbird helix 7 di gps on my small boat that I use for inland fishing.