Henderson staging salmon

Heading to henderson friday through monday was hoping someone could tell me how well the kings are stacking up in the trench and has water temp been stable there . THANKS

Temp was 70* @ 100. 55* at 110. Lots of marks on the bottom, lots of lock jaw also.

Rusty

I'm out of the game this year because I ripped my bicep tendon off the bone. I'm cheering you folks on and greatly appreciate the posts because I'm crawling out of my skin! This time of year if they are not cooperating I would try switching over to J-Plugs and drag them right in their face to piss them off. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

Have had to deal with lock jaw issue before it can be pain full when you cant find what will piss them off got some big paddles .6 inch flies ,j plugs ,and going to even try some large mag lips on them . THANKS GUYS FOR THE REPORT 

Got a question about the J-plugs. This is my first year fiahing Lake Ontario. Been a good year (for a rookie) so far but i know its gonna get better.  I’m from pa so only get up for 1-2weekends a month.  I got one hell of a J-plug collection but never used one yet.  All spoons n flies. How do I present the J-plug?  Behind 8” flasher, or bigger flasher? Or by itself? And color flasher if so. Do i try to match flasher color to J-plug?  Any help from you guys is much appreciated 

Got a question about the J-plugs. This is my first year fiahing Lake Ontario. Been a good year (for a rookie) so far but i know its gonna get better.  I’m from pa so only get up for 1-2weekends a month.  I got one hell of a J-plug collection but never used one yet.  All spoons n flies. How do I present the J-plug?  Behind 8” flasher, or bigger flasher? Or by itself? And color flasher if so. Do i try to match flasher color to J-plug?  Any help from you guys is much appreciated 

Silver red face 10-15 off the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bloody nose bullet with a Mountain Dew ladder back.
Bright sun.

Green glow ladder back early or late. Or overcast
Run it long under those conditions 30-50’

All glow orca long 50’ early. Till sun starts to come over the horizon or when it hits the water

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Finchdude...

Before you lose all respect for Bill Saiff III and publically denounce him any further (and this goes for "ontherise" and everyone else for that matter).,,you should ask him to tell you his side of the story.

Yeah. opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one but the most informed are the least full of sh*t!!!

Let's not lose sight of the intent of this website and the fundamentals of fishing...;

• Like 1

Hey Finchdude...

Before you lose all respect for Bill Saiff III and publically denounce him any further (and this goes for "ontherise" and everyone else for that matter).,,you should ask him to tell you his side of the story.

Yeah. opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one but the most informed are the least full of sh*t!!!

Let's not lose sight of the intent of this website and the fundamentals of fishing...;

I'm not from around Henderson is this the guy that ran a duck hunt charter and was found guilty of hunting over a baited pond . ????

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm not from around Henderson is this the guy that ran a duck hunt charter and was found guilty of hunting over a baited pond . ????

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The story I heard is. He was guilty because his guide or guides were hunting over bait. He being the business owner is responsible, he may or may not have been able to fight his way around it but he didn’t. He excepted the responsibility for his employees actions and payed restitution for them. I think he is a stand up guy. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I definitely say BS! I guarantee he knew exactly what was going on, but go ahead and put him on a pedestal. His operation takes a huge illegal shortcut in order to raise profits at the expense of the outdoors...no matter how you look at it he isn't the great stand up guy you describe. The words I'd use would poacher, cheater, and greed!

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Sorry I did mean to start this conversation. A guy was requesting info for the trench. Figured Saiff Charters would be the people to ask. Sorry for the mess it stirred up 
No need to be sorry. I hope you found what you were looking for. The Bill Saiff is very knowledgeable in those parts and can be one of many great resources in the Henderson area.

Just now, guffins fisherman said:
5 hours ago, piscataquis said:
Sorry I did mean to start this conversation. A guy was requesting info for the trench. Figured Saiff Charters would be the people to ask. Sorry for the mess it stirred up 

No need to be sorry. I hope you found what you were looking for. The Bill Saiff is very knowledgeable in those parts and can be one of many great resources in the Henderson area.

He taught a friend and I a lot about fishing the trench and the shipping lanes