Pier fishing central south shore for salmon........?

Hi guys. Wifey and I are coming to NY, from Michigan, for a vacation during the middle two weeks of September. I won't be hauling my boat, and wondered if any of you would help a fellow angler out, by suggesting a pier, or beach fishing, where I'd have a decent chance of landing a salmon/steelhead/brown? Have fished all the other Great Lakes, and would love to try out Lake Ontario. You guys have the fishery that we used to have. I'm jealous. Thanks in advance for any help. Capnhook 

Charlotte pier on the west side, and Summerville Pier on the east side, of the Genesee River mouth at Rochester should both be providing salmon opportunities by mid September.  Best fishing is usually at night using glow in the dark spoons or floating egg sacks, but early AM and late PM can also be good.  Nearby, Webster Park pier and the piers at the mouth of Irondequoit Bay can produce salmon, but are better known for browns, and, depending on weather and temperatures, may not have turned on yet. If we get a cols snap, the fish could be up to the falls on the Genny, with opportunities for river fishing with single hook point lures in Fire Tiger, or skein eggs generally hot.  Wading is not necessary, or recommended, in the Genesee.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, shorething said:

What area would you be going to ? Lots of good piers around, fishing should be pretty good around those times .
We are going to stay at Watkins Glen for a few days and have an open plan after that, so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United