Started offshore off Wilson in 400’ and trolled north to 480- green water disappeared as we went north-did nothing but small kings and many steelhead. Bite was deep 80-125’. Pulled rods and ran to 400’ Off Olcott and trolled SW back toward Wilson. Marked a fair amount of bait and hooked our only 2 majors in 300 and 350’ water. Both FF- atomik habanero 90 and 115 down. Both came unbuttoned 🤬. Steelhead bite continued 50 to 80 down until we quit at noon. Every spoon I put out took steelhead- bright and dark-Great day just the wrong species for me- I’m guessing we took 20 steelhead-We are so spoiled here! Tomorrow in the AM I will be trying inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks for that inside report - I would really like to leave those steelhead alone if I can- gotta put a lot of time in reviving those chromers before release. I’m stilling gonna give it a shot inside early then head north as the sun gets high. I will report. I got some first timers fishing Monday so I want to check out as much water as possible before then. It seems most stay pretty quiet when it comes to reports from the West end.
Many props to the Rochester and to the East end guys. They always have some kind of report to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

imageproxy.php?img=&key=7e961de8267f286aimageproxy.php?img=&key=7e961de8267f286aLaunched out of West Branch Twelve Mile in Wilson which is my regular routine and stayed within 200fow. Marked fish all throughout the water column over 130-200fow with the larger marks in the the 40-80 zone and a few down deeper. I don't have my speed/temp sensor installed yet (an old Brandnew cannon speed-n-temp) so I usually keep my eyes on the graph and adjust accordingly. All of my fish this year have been inside of 250 but I usually have to work for them also because of the size of my boat and the fact that I fish alone I don't push my luck on the Big "O". Today's catch came on a wired #1 dipsey/dodger/fly on a 1 setting back 150'. I'm guessing it was close to 70' down but I was also turning port side with that rod set on my starboard. Not sure if the king was up a little higher or if it was tracking while I turned and that triggered a bite. Was hoping to get out early tomorrow but I might get blown -off. Good Luck and safe fishing! Just for the sake of clarity the first pick was the only fish hooked and taken the other two pictures were separate outings.

Edited by opal-eye
  • Like 1

I hear ya fishmaster- my fishing log agrees with you to but last time out offshore was smoking and the Saturday before Labor Day with 2 tournaments going on and Combat fishing - not how I wanted to spend the day relaxing with my dad. I like to avoid as much pack fishing as I can.I will take your advice for tomorrow AM- Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Everyone I talked to inside struggled...boat traffic will shut those fish down I'm fishing out of Olcott this am..if I get something going I'll drop it on here ...I may start inside with a small spread see if I can pick up some majors...if not I'm moving deep and plan on picking on those steel...gotta keep the buddies awake and interested

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The only way you’d catch me offshore this time of year is if the inside was bath water top to bottom. I’m not sure about the Wilson olcott area but I’m willing to bet there’s a pile of big boys in the 100fow range
We have river water from Erie and most fish move east this time of yr not that we don't have fish but we shine out west earlier in the season when east is playing with browns

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app