We fished yesterday from Sandy to Bald Eagle and went 5 for 8 - same depths but bites came after 10:30 am. Black mag spoons like Carbon 14 and green white spindoctor green fly all worked well. Cold water had come in...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We beat up on them this morning. Riggers above 50' and mag wire divers at 80-100 out, with cream Jake 45 spoons leading the way...and same as last time I was out, the "brown" spoons caught salmon and the "salmon" spoons caught browns. The water was COLD, 42 degrees down 50' in 80 fow. Lots of streakers early, then a pick the last hour, done at 10 am. I think we have one last trip in us, then it's on to the chaos of September, trying to get everything done all at once before bow starts. I love the October 1st start, but man it compresses preparation time.

I used to bow hunt but most places I hunt they have houses on them now so I haven’t hunted in years. Good luck hunting. I will keep fishing as long as I can. I officiate hockey so that will start to cut into my weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Man, that sucks. I've watched lots of places go the same way, and there's one thing for sure. There's nothing safe unless you own it, and then you'd better hope that you have some protection or you could end up with a townhouse 30 yards off your property line.