2018 WATERFOWL SEASON !!

Nice going !!
Had a nice hunt lined up for this morning but got beat to it.... By 4 other groups. That guy's farm is like state land. So we did plan B went to the farm pond and made good for what came in . Crazy wind and snow . Wish we would have stayed a bit longer but always tomorrow. IMG_20181128_092112.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hunted some big water today. Man should have stayed home. Saw a total of 18 ducks from 640 to 900. First duck was a flock of 14 divers , then 2 mergs, and 2 mallards . 1 that came in. I think most of the mallards that were around are gone. Need some weather to move in. IMG_20181203_073736.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully everyone had a awesome Christmas!!!
This morning's hunt was a blast !!! Lots of big groups of mallards in the morning then it slowed down a bit. High water makes for another good hunt . More rain coming !!! Got to find the feed IMG_20181226_103143.jpegIMG_20181226_094622.jpeg

• Like 1

Hopefully everyone had a awesome Christmas!!!
This morning's hunt was a blast !!! Lots of big groups of mallards in the morning then it slowed down a bit. High water makes for another good hunt . More rain coming !!! Got to find the feed IMG_20181226_103143.thumb.jpeg.f2d3115054ec514d0f4641347db52851.jpegIMG_20181226_094622.thumb.jpeg.bd79895ae945f22156a77a848073a9dd.jpeg

Great job Kev! Nothing but mergansers for us today at sodus. Saw easily over 1000 birds but didnt pull the trigger. Hopefully we can find some good ducks soon

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Passed couple days have been tough for me . When I should have gone here I didn't, that good old stuff. Even today didn't set up where I was going to and only got 1. Lol can't win all the time !IMG_20190101_075221.thumb.jpeg.0585c752b83b4a50a14216db3181205d.jpeg

You got your bluebill you wanted sick! Going on the wall?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we hunted the lake by pultneyville sunday.Had quite a few goldeneye come by.Lots of mergansers but let them pass.Only flocks of broadbills were hgh and distant.Might be a plan to set up a mile or so offshore.next trip will be the finger lakes.

Any day we get out is a great day ,limit or not

Not a good morning for birds at the pond. Just about frozen all the way and what little water was there had no birds show up left at 11.
Got home and loaded up the kayak and went to the lake. "I should have gone there in the morning" it didn't take long at all they were flying good !!! Hope u all liked the tread . See you guys on the ice !!!!IMG_20190111_145515.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught wind of some season dates for the Western zone. I guess it's going to open up October 19th and run to November 9th. Late seasons going from November 29th to January 4th.
It's not going to be hard to shoot 2 mallards but most mallards move through the Western zone November 1st to November 30th is our biggest migration and now its closed what a bummer this state sucks . I look back at pics of past years and November is the best month when everyone is in the deer woods the mallards are all over. Thanksgiving no duck hunting ...... Wtf I'm pissed . They should ask people that go every day what dates are good for the areas. No ducks in November is so shocking to me.

Just caught wind of some season dates for the Western zone. I guess it's going to open up October 19th and run to November 9th. Late seasons going from November 29th to January 4th.
It's not going to be hard to shoot 2 mallards but most mallards move through the Western zone November 1st to November 30th is our biggest migration and now its closed what a bummer this state sucks . I look back at pics of past years and November is the best month when everyone is in the deer woods the mallards are all over. Thanksgiving no duck hunting ...... Wtf I'm pissed . They should ask people that go every day what dates are good for the areas. No ducks in November is so shocking to me.

Nov 29th thru Jan 4th late season? What????? WTF are those dates....

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep couldn't believe any of the dates my buddy told me.
They should have took December 1st to the 8th them days and start the season 9 days earlier. So you can shoot more teal and wood ducks before they leave if you could only shoot 2 Mallards now.
I tell you what I hope my buddy is absolutely wrong, but he's got good Intel !!