Chaumont Bay Mid September

deadeyed

Heading to Chaumont for my second trip in mid September. Looking to learn to fish for those monster walleye. What should I be doing at this time of year. Stay in Chaumont Bay or Guffin Bay. Is trolling the only option? What should I be looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Not till just before and after the ice forms. Stick with the above thoughts and you'll be good to go. Fall you can turn up the wick a little, 2.0 2.3 at the ball should be a good speed. If nothing and fish Didn't react to your presentation. Back'er down to 1.5--1.9. Let the fish tell ya what they want. This can be accomplished also with long sweeping turns to the left or right and take notice which lines are getting bit. Outside lines on your turns are the faster speeds and naturally the inside lines would de the slower lines!! Hope this helps ya out a little anyway!!!

Edited by pap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We decided to go to Oneida for the week to chase walleye and smallies. We did pretty good with the walleye, smallies were much tougher to catch than normal. Overall though it was a good week only got blown off the lake Friday night and Saturday until early afternoon