Advise on 1999 Evinrude 225HP

33 minutes ago, Dances with Fish said:

Thanks again guys,  I agree with Fat Trout and HBC,  looking at a new Yamaha 150HP  4 stroke.  -  Lake O is an ocean and having a reliable motor that will 

last years seems like a smart choice.   Appreciate all the input and help.

Good luck!  I'm running a Yamaha 150 and it has been great.   While it hurts now you'll feel better in the long run.  I'm sure the Lund you have is a champ.  Great boats and the older ones were the better ones from what I understand!  It just needs a trustworthy motor to push.  

Hey Dances with fish I could help you get through the repair on the ficht sorry caught the post late! All in all if you have more than 400 hr on the motor usually they will last a while up to 2500hr most time they would blow up before that! 1\4 throttle I guessing at 2500 rpm its breaking up which means its in limp mode to protect the engine and most time accompanied buy a horn or an engine light on the system check tach at the dash. call the shop some night after 4 pm 732-928-7183 Jackson NJ

Yamaha also a good choice Have several motor ready to go

Good topic ; with good compression you still have a good engine !

Keep it simple ! We thought it was the carbs [ similar problem on a 70 hp OMC { outboardmarine CRAP } ] ; took all afternoon to do carbs , got late dark , started the engine same problem . THERE IT WAS ! SPARKS ! The ground wire nut behind the powerpack had backed of enough for intermittent contact ! Before you give up clean all contacts then apply dielectric grease . I also ran a separate ground wire [ like on my 77 Vette ] .

If that works my birthday is March 03 LOL !

• Like 1