Fat Guy in a Little Boat

LB- Last friday we caught our 22" brown in 80 FOW 45' down. No idea what he was doing there. Off a rigger with FF, green setup. I know things change rapidly but if that's any information that is useful to you or anyone else, go for it. Accidentally caught him when fishing for kings. 

I am a little less traditional with my six rod setup- my planer board rods are actually set up for shallow kings, i use a size 2 tadpole with FF or Flasher spoon combo. I can usually get them down 25-30', so i figure it would be good for rainbow or browns. I haven't caught anything on them since July though. I feel wrong not having 6 rods out lol Next year they will be copper setups i think. 

Good luck!
Good info. Never fished that shallow, except browns. Omw up now, will be in the water by 2 for the evening run. I always over think it. I'll try to get to 60 and send down temp probe. If I can find any cool water, I'll run a spoon set. Mags and smaller stingers. Just wondering on colors. I'm thinking fire tiger patterns, darker for stained water. But anything green is usally the ticket. [emoji106] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hail Mary
Rolled out of the salmon with Ty around 2pm yesterday. Weaved through the boats at the mouth and ran out to 80. Cold water, not too many marks but gave them my best shoot. Came in to 60 set up for shallow run,smaller dipseys down 30 to 40 riggers tight to the bottom 75 off the ball. Moon shines and mags. Went 2 for 3. Back at 7am. Holy have some fog. Snuck through the fleet and ran to 80 again. Some good marks down 35 in 50°. A few at 60 in 48°. Went 2 for 3. Jr king, brown, and dropped a beautiful ,I think coho or steelhead, leaping 100' behind the boat. Unreal. Not like it was last Friday, but Ty had daylight under his feet. Thanks for the intel guys. It paid off! [emoji106] [emoji12] IMG_34761.jpg20180912_083833.jpg20180912_082222.jpgIMG_34871.jpg

• Like 1

Hail Mary
Rolled out of the salmon with Ty around 2pm yesterday. Weaved through the boats at the mouth and ran out to 80. Cold water, not too many marks but gave them my best shoot. Came in to 60 set up for shallow run,smaller dipseys down 30 to 40 riggers tight to the bottom 75 off the ball. Moon shines and mags. Went 2 for 3. Back at 7am. Holy have some fog. Snuck through the fleet and ran to 80 again. Some good marks down 35 in 50°. A few at 60 in 48°. Went 2 for 3. Jr king, brown, and dropped a beautiful ,I think coho or steelhead, leaping 100' behind the boat. Unreal. Not like it was last Friday, but Ty had daylight under his feet. Thanks for the intel guys. It paid off! [emoji106] [emoji12] IMG_34761.thumb.jpg.922d2bd0c584192f5ad923b3cca99764.jpg20180912_083833.thumb.jpg.3a6a682aebe5cdaf6c061efb692aa2db.jpg20180912_082222.thumb.jpg.7495325b097f52cb6697215178e7101e.jpgIMG_34871.thumb.jpg.5d52b8c4dbd6496a8e0ac3d4d1eeb74e.jpg

Nice!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Have an unexpected window off opportunity for a Sat afternoon, Sun morning run. Man am I tired of driving. Probably me and my grandson. He's 13 and nows how to get it done. Any #s and intel from today and tomorrow would be helpful. So far wind doesn't look bad, but Florence might put the kaposh to that. Thanks

Think I'm taking a sick day and going to Olcott tommorrow...lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been chasing September salmon and trout for 10 yrs now in my rig. 1st yr everything came together, lull between jobs, lots of fish and near perfect conditions for me. Life time achievement. But turning a few guys onto a new experience and not looking like an idiot has been awesome. So much fun. But man am I wooped. Lol

• Like 1

Ok, grandson has faith in me, heading up in the am for the usual overnighter. Going to put extra gas can on board and run to sandy and fish north. Hope to find a warmer pocket with bait. Have to figure it out. Taking a cheater rod just in case. Let's see if papa squirrel can find a nut for the kid.

Dead flat good day for a solo can always try casting or jigging good day to try something different

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just needed a bump, was thinking of using in line walleye boards, flat line heavier trout spoons 150 back. Stealth ya know. Long ball the same on the riggers? 4 1/2hr run. I'll bring the 10wt fly and hip boots just in case. Maybe not lol. Keep me posted, thanks man.

Was standing on ibay pier some fish jumping but most boats went to river I'll be out there tomorrow just not sure where yet

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Omw up, should be at pine grove launch around 2. If anyone wants to go for a sunset cruise, pm me [emoji41] [emoji106]